A Learning Coach provides support to learners between the ages of 14 an 19. Ysgol Aberconwy has Mrs Nicola Rowlands and Ms Wendy Smith supporting pupils between the ages of 14 and 16 (which is up to Year 11) and Mrs Paula Barrett who supports Sixth Form students.
What is a Learning Coach?
Learning Coaches can:
- support pupils to best use and develop their own learning styles
- help pupils to develop their own skills
- maximise their personal strengths
- help pupils remove their own barriers to learning
- raise aspirations
- identify goals
- plan appropriate pathways
- mentor students
- track progress against targets.
A Learning Coach can also:
- support individually or within a group
- assist departments supporting young people on curriculum-enriching visits
- work with outside providers and parents to support learners.